IVA’s Conference Centre aims to be a leader in environmental issues and sustainable development. We believe that a whole new approach is needed in society so that the conference industry can flourish. We want to play an active part and contribute to that process. Our long-term goal is for IVA’s Conference Centre to be part of the sustainable society.
To achieve this goal, we will, among other things, be:
- offering services that match the environmental requirements of our clients and stakeholders;
- setting a good example by promoting climate-neutral travel, modes of transportation and energy consumption;
- communicating the value of ecolabelling;
- encouraging our suppliers and other contacts to join the Nordic Swan Ecolabel club;
- paying attention to the polluting aspects of our services;
- complying with standards, environmental laws and other requirements.
This policy is the foundation for the constant efforts of our employees and management to achieve improvement in the environmental area.
Our purchasing policy
As a day conference facility within Svenska Möten, we always choose products bearing the Svanen label first followed by other ecolabelled products. If we cannot find a supplier with ecolabelled products, we prioritise suppliers who are members of Svanen’s Purchasing Network for ecolabelled products where available.